Neil Patrick Harris will host for the 87th Academy Awards when Hollywood’s biggest night airs on ABC on Feb. 22, 2015.
While this is the actor’s first time helming the Oscars, he’s already proven to be a worthy choice to emcee the event.
See photos: Oscars Red Carpet Arrivals (Photos)
A four-time Tony Awards host and two-time Emmys host, Harris is no stranger to delivering a witty opening monologue. He’s also lent his talents to the Academy Awards before, opening up the ceremony in 2010.
See video: ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Fans Rejoice as Alternate Ending Lands Online (Video)
Here are seven of Harris’ most memorable moments from award shows past that no doubt predict his future Oscars success.
1. Tonys 2009: In his first time hosting the Tonys, NPH went off prompter during his opening
monologue to express how grateful he was to have the privilege of being on stage that night.
2. Emmys 2009: Acting as host for the first time, Harris was also nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Emmy in 2009 and asked winner Jon Cryer to show him the envelope to make sure his name was indeed inside. Perhaps he’ll get a chance to recycle the same bit if he scores an Oscar nod for his role in “Gone Girl.”
See video: Neil Patrick Harris Shows Pictures From His Italian Wedding, Calls Out George Clooney (Video)
3. Oscars 2010: Even though Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin were the official hosts, Harris essentially opened up the 82nd Academy Awards by himself with a music and dance number entitled, “No One Wants to Do it Alone.”
4. Tonys 2011: Harris returned for the 65th Tony Awards and proudly told America that Broadway theater is “not just for gays anymore.”
5. Emmys 2013: Doing what he does best, Harris put a musical number in the middle of the show. With an undeniable 70s variety show vibe, Harris got backed up on stage by Sarah Silverman and Nathan Fillion.
6. Tonys 2013: Jaws hit the floor at the 67th Tony Awards when Neil — an amateur magician and host of the 2008 World Magic Awards — added magic to the mix and disappeared off stage. Oh yeah, he also teased Barry Gordy about banging Diana Ross.
7. Tonys 2014: Neil took a time out from hosting the ceremony to perform in full drag as his character in the Broadway musical, “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” He went on to grind on Orlando Bloom‘s face, licked Samuel L. Jackson‘s glasses and grinded on Sting.