“The ‘weird factor’ is gone, but that’s part of growing up,” said George Rausch, founder of Next OTT
VidCon — the annual gathering of online video creators, execs and fans — wrapped up its 10th anniversary this past weekend on the precipice of greater global expansion, with the three-day event attracting more than 75,000 people from around the world.
Here are eight highlights that will keep your finger on the pulse of the video industry.
VidCon continues international expansion
VidCon announced its continued global expansion with its first ever VidCon Asia Summit and the return of VidCon London.
“Asia is one of the most creative cultural hubs in the world, and we expect a diverse group of creators, brands and platforms to come together and shape the future of online video,” Jim Louderback, general manager of VidCon, said on stage. “Our foray into Asia, coupled with our return to London, further solidifies our international presence and commitment to honor those making an impact on the digital world.”
YouTube introduces new ways to monetize
YouTube announced new ways for its top creators to make money. During the keynote, Neal Mohan,…
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers