???? runaway cow in Prospect Park ???? pic.twitter.com/r2x4CO3kmp— Kenny Ducey (@KennyDucey) October 17, 2017
On Tuesday a baby cow broke loose from a slaughterhouse in Brooklyn, New York and spent roughly two hours running wild in the borough’s picturesque Prospect Park.
The bovine was ultimately captured through the combined efforts of the NYPD and Animal Care Centers, according to the New York Daily News.
But two hours is a long time in this Internet era for a mad cow to be rampaging through America’s largest city. Before it was over, multiple live streams had been set up to watch the animal, and the Internet had a field day with — Amoosing commentary:
Simple way to capture the cow on the loose in Brooklyn is to lure it to the D train, where it’ll remain stationary for the rest of the day.
– Sopan Deb (@SopanDeb) October 17, 2017
I was just going out for coffee! https://t.co/FSMHOnVsRm
– Cole Escola (@ColeEscola) October 17, 2017
Being from Wyoming, “cow on the loose” breaking news stories just crack me up.
– Dana Perino (@DanaPerino) October 17, 2017
– Alex Silverman (@AlexSilverman) October 17, 2017
if they have to tow the cow out of the field, please remember that President Trump predicted this https://t.co/LXL920c7LG
– Ariel Edwards-Levy (@aedwardslevy) October 17, 2017
Everyone knows cow twitter doesn’t feel like loose animal twitters of yore, but everyone is pretending. For the kids.
– Olivia Nuzzi (@Olivianuzzi) October 17, 2017
if you’re hearing helicopters over Prospect Park it’s because this brown cow is loose on the Parade Grounds soccer fields! I’M ON COW WATCH pic.twitter.com/kNuKYueylW
– Rachel H. Smith (@rachelholliday) October 17, 2017
Go Brooklyn Cow
DEFEAT THE HUMANS
– James Poniewozik (@poniewozik) October 17, 2017