Aaron Sorkin Says He Has ‘No Plans’ to Revive ‘The Newsroom’ (Video)

“I wish the show was on the air now,” he tells James Corden

ACN is not coming back on the air, according to Aaron Sorkin.

The creator of HBO’s cable news drama “The Newsroom” said on Monday night that he has “no plans” to revive the series, a week after one of the show’s cast members, Olivia Munn, said she’s had conversations about bringing the series back. But Sorkin seemingly canceled those rumors on Monday’s “Late Late Show.”

“I wish the show was on the air now. I’d love to be writing it now. But there are other things coming up. I have no plans to return to any of that,” Sorkin told host James Corden.

Last week, Munn spoke with Entertainment Tonight about the possibility of a “Newsroom” revival.

“Tom Sadoski and myself, we’ve actually been having conversations with Sorkin about that,” she told ET. “He’s very busy, but we have very high hopes that it would be able to come together, hopefully.”

“The Newsroom” ran on HBO for three seasons between 2012 and 2014, and starred Jeff Daniels as an anchor for the fictional Atlantis Cable News network. The cast included Munn, Sadowski, Emily Mortimer, Alison Pill, Dev Patel, John Gallagher Jr. and Sam Waterston.

KEEP READING..

The news
you need now,
more than ever.

Create a FREE Account
Try PRO today
FOR FREE