‘Extra’ Host AJ Calloway Exits Following Sexual Assault Investigation

He had been with the show since 2008

Last Updated: August 1, 2019 @ 6:51 AM

Warner Brothers has terminated its relationship with longtime “Extra” host A.J. Calloway following the studio’s investigation into sexual assault accusations against him.

“The Company has investigated the claims made into Mr. Calloway’s conduct and he and the Company have mutually agreed to part ways,” Warner Brothers said in a statement Wednesday.

Reps for Calloway did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment Wednesday. He has previously denied the accusations.

Calloway was suspended from “Extra” in February after seven women accused him of sexual misconduct. Mario Lopez, Renee Bargh and Tanika Ray are the current hosts of “Extra.”

In January, two anonymous women told The Daily Beast the TV personality had forced himself on them in separate incidents.

The first woman filed an “aggravated sexual assault” complaint with the West Orange Police Department in New Jersey in December, according to TDB.

The second woman, identified as the pseudonym Talia, said she first came into contact with Calloway in 2011 and was sexually assaulted by the “Extra” co-host at his house after giving in to his repeated advances.

“I just remember trying to push him off of me, and this went on for 40 minutes straight,” she told the Daily Beast, saying that she was insistent throughout that she would not have sex with him. “Me attempting to push him off of me and fighting to keep him from taking my clothes off. Eventually he got tired, and I think it’s because he was so intoxicated-it was wearing him out.”

In a statement to the Daily Beast at the time, Calloway’s lawyer said, “We cannot comment on vague secondhand allegations beyond that Mr. Calloway firmly denies any claim that he assaulted someone.”

Calloway was previously accused of sexual assault by activist Sil Lai Abrams in a report published by THR last June. Recounting a story first published in her 2007 memoir in which she identified her abuser only as a “B-list celebrity,” Abrams said Calloway forced her to touch his genitals and attempted to force himself on her when they met in 2006.

He was arrested, but the case was dismissed on procedural grounds. Calloway maintained that the allegations were not true.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.