We've Got Hollywood Covered

Alex Trebek Recalls Accidental Hash Brownies Binge: ‘It Was Not a Good Trip’

”I spent the next day and a half in bed,“ ”Jeopardy!“ host says

We’ll take “Extremely Potent Edibles” for $1,000, Alex.

“Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek divulged an inadvertent drug experience that left him bed-ridden for more than a day in an interview published by the Daily Beast on Wednesday, revealing that he once accidentally binged on hash brownies.

According to Trebek, the incident occurred shortly after the television fixture arrived in California, when he attended a party at a friend’s Malibu residence.

Trebek, a self-described “chocoholic,” recalled that he wolfed down approximately six of the treats, unaware that they’d been enhanced with a mind-altering ingredient.

“It was by accident! I didn’t know what they were,” Trebek recalled. “I had just arrived in California and went to a friend’s house for dinner, and there were brownies. I love brownies–I’m a chocoholic–and I didn’t realize that they were hash brownies. And… whoa.”

The game-show host went on to say that the binge “threw me for a loop.”

“I took down about a half-dozen. The dinner party was on a Friday, and I was not able to leave that house until Sunday afternoon,” Trebek recalled. “I spent the next day and a half in bed.”

Trebek, 77, said he hasn’t repeated the experience in the intervening years.

“It was not a good trip, and I have not done any of that stuff since!” the “Jeopardy!” fixture said.