“How do you create something that says something after the hour is over?” Miranda Bryant says
“Barry” actor Anthony Carrigan says the “worst thing that could’ve possibly happened” to him eventually did happen: He lost all of his hair as a result of alopecia. He feared he could lose his career, his confidence and his way of life, but he turned adversity into his scene-stealing role on the HBO comedy.
“What’s cool is that I would’ve never guessed ever that this thing that I had such shame over would not only be something that I would come to terms with, but it would be the thing that I now love the most about myself,” Carrigan said. “You’re missing out on that really wonderful lesson and experience, which is that, when you accept it, the road just opens up for you.”
Carrigan spoke with TheWrap founder and Editor-in-Chief Sharon Waxman as one of 12 individuals featured on TheWrap’s annual Innovator’s List. He was among three who joined the Innovator’s Panel at The Grill, TheWrap’s annual conference on entertainment and technology.
His fellow honorees included Dave Rubin, the host of the YouTube show “The Rubin Report,” and Brie Miranda Bryant, the senior vice…
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers