Sex Crime Case Against ‘Atomic Blonde’ Producer David Guilllod Goes to L.A. Prosecutors

Guillod is accused of sexual misconduct with four women, but prosecutors won’t say which case went to the D.A.’s office

Last Updated: March 15, 2018 @ 4:29 PM

Los Angeles police have presented a case against “Atomic Blonde” producer David Guillod to the L.A. County District Attorney’s office, which is reviewing whether to bring charges against him.

A spokeswoman for the D.A.’s office confirmed that it received the case last week, but offered no timetable on when a decision would be made on whether or not to bring charges against Guillod.

The spokeswoman also would not identify the accuser in the case, saying it does not release the names of alleged sex-crime victims. But a person familiar with the case said it does not involve “Ted” actress Jessica Barth, who has accused Guillod of drugging and then sexually assaulting her after a work dinner in L.A. in 2012.

TheWrap, which first reported on the accusations against Guillod, has spoken to two other women who say Guillod drugged and raped them at his home in Los Feliz in 2015. That case would fall under the jurisdiction of the L.A. district attorney’s office.

Guillod also faces an investigation about two hours north of Los Angeles County: The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office told TheWrap on Thursday that it is continuing an “active investigation” of him. That case involves accusations that Guillod raped a fourth woman, an assistant at his former management company, during a company retreat in December 2014.

Representatives for Guillod did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Thursday.

When TheWrap reported in November on the accusations against Guillod, a publicist responded: “Mr. Guillod is saddened by these false and malicious claims. Especially the accusations made by an individual he dated and considered a friend. He thanks his friends, colleagues, clients and family for their continued support.”

His attorney, Philip Kent Cohen, added at the time: “Mr. Guillod denies any allegations of nonconsensual sex. His defense team has interviewed multiple witnesses that contradict these accusations and we are confident that his name will be cleared.”

Guillod resigned from Primary Wave Entertainment, his management company, after Barth came forward with her accusations. TheWrap subsequently reported on the other women’s cases.

Barth declined to comment on Thursday.

The full details of the accusations against Guillod, and his responses, are here.