‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Alum Leah Block Rips ‘Trashy’ Show Amid Production Shutdown

“All of these contestants (including myself) are supposed to trust these producers who we all think are our ‘friends,'” veteran of ABC reality series says

Last Updated: June 15, 2017 @ 3:09 PM

“Bachelor in Paradise” is trash — at least, so says a former contestant on the ABC reality series.

“Bachelor” alum Leah Block, who appeared on “Bachelor in Paradise” last year, ripped into the series on Monday, following news that production had been shut down due to allegations of misconduct.

“Just shows everyone how trashy that show is & how trashy the producers are to think it’s ok to film sexual activity on an ABC SHOW,” Block tweeted Monday, punctuating the sentiment with the hashtag “#garbage.”

Block wasn’t done there. She went on to rip into the show’s producers, writing “All of these contestants (including myself) are supposed to trust these producers who we all think are our ‘friends.’ Yeah … definitely not.”

Block went on to clarify that her comments were “100 percent towards the producers — not the contestants.”

As for the contestants, Block tweeted some advice for her reality TV comrades, writing, “Paradise contestants.. at least you still have Winter Games! Also- good thing 90% of you live in LA so you can continue your relationships … Find the good in a bad situation, that’s all you can do.”

Block was sent home by Ben Higgins on “The Bachelor” Season 20 midway through a date, after she unsuccessfully tried to cast eventual winner Lauren Bushnell in a negative light by saying Bushnell wasn’t genuine. Block returned to the franchise for “Bachelor in Paradise” Season 3, where cast members discussed the fact that she appeared to have had work done. She later admitted on Twitter that she’d gotten lip fillers.

Production on the fourth season of the ABC series “has been suspended due to allegations of misconduct,” Warner Bros., which produces the series, said in a statement.

“We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ in Mexico,” the statement reads. “We have suspended production, and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”

The “Bachelor” spinoff, which shoots in Puerto Vallarta, was scheduled to premiere on Tuesday, Aug. 8.
In an account reported by TMZ, which cites no named sources, male contestant DeMario Jackson and a female contestant were “making out at the bar. She suggested they take it to the swimming pool, where they took their clothes off and began ‘rubbing, touching and fingering.’ He also claims she put her genitals in his face and he began licking. He says he was unable to consummate things because he was so drunk.”

A field producer who had been assigned to shadow the female contestant said the woman “seemed so drunk … she had no ability to consent to DeMario Jackson’s sexual moves in a swimming pool, and producers nonetheless let it play out on film,” TMZ reported.

Both TMZ and ET reported that the female contestant had little memory of what happened. She has not made any public accusations of any kind.

“The producer in question believes [she] may have been sexually assaulted, although we know DeMario claims the encounter was not only consensual … she was the instigator,” TMZ reported.

TMZ said people “familiar with the footage” said the woman appeared to be “fully engaged.” A rep for the woman declined comment.

Ryan Gajewski contributed to this report.