“Bachelor in Paradise” is resuming production on Season 4 after shutting down earlier this month following “allegations of misconduct.”
Warner Bros. issued a statement on Tuesday saying it has concluded its internal investigation with the aid of an outside law firm. According to the studio, footage from the shoot “does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member.”
The statement reads, “As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly.”
Warner Bros. announced on June 11 it had halted filming on the ABC dating series following “allegations of misconduct.” According to numerous accounts, the incident in question involved two cast members who had been drinking, and contestants Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson both issued statements indicating they were the ones involved.
Jackson told “Inside Edition” that he wants the footage in question to be released in order to help clear his name, but Warner Bros. does not plan to do so.
“Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident,” the studio said. “We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy.”
Warner Bros. added that it will “implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”
ABC issued a statement on Tuesday praising the studio for how it handled the situation: “We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise.’ Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.”
Neither Olympios nor Jackson have yet to respond to the show resuming production. On June 14, Olympios announced that she had hired top Hollywood litigator Marty Singer to represent her. “I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4,” she said in a statement. She referred to the situation as her “worst nightmare.”
Later that day, Jackson issued his own statement: “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
Jackson told “Inside Edition” that he had lost his job as an executive recruiter amid fallout from the scandal.