‘Bachelorette’ Finale: Becca Kufrin Hands Out Her Final Rose

Did Garrett Yrigoyen or Blake Horstmann propose?

Last Updated: August 6, 2018 @ 8:09 PM

(Spoiler alert: Please do not read on if you haven’t watched Monday’s finale of “The Bachelorette”)

Becca Kufrin is a bachelorette no more.

The former “Bachelor” contestant handed out her final rose on Monday’s three-hour finale, complete with a proposal from Garrett Yrigoyen.

That made Blake Horstmann the heartbroken runner-up. “I think that we could be right and we could be partners — but I think that there’s just a better fit for us out there,” Becca told her suitor when breaking the bad news to him.

Her message to Yrigoyen was far more positive, however: “You got that first impression rose because right away I felt something so strong,” she told him.

“I’ve been waiting to say it for the right person … I’ve been holding back because I wanted to be 1000 percent certain. Garrett, I love you. I love you so much,” Kufrin continued, before Yrigoyen dropped down on one knee to propose.

Kufrin’s season on the ABC reality show wasn’t without its fair share of scandal — some of which came from her now-fiancé.

Yrigoyen apologized back in May for liking offensive posts on Instagram, some of which mocked immigrants, the trans community and Parkland students. The contestant deleted the account that had housed the offensive activity.

“I am sorry to those who I offended, and I also take full responsibility for my “likes” on Instagram that were hurtful and offensive,” the medical sales rep said from a new Instagram account at the time, which he said he created to start fresh. ABC confirmed to TheWrap at the time that the new account is his.

“[I] am taking steps to grow, become more educated, and be a better version of myself,” he continued. “I am not perfect, and I will never be anywhere close, but now I will always be more informed and aware of what I am liking and supporting, not just on Instagram, but in life.”

On Monday’s “After the Rose” special, Yrigoyen addressed the issue again, saying: “Some stuff came out about my social media and I didn’t realize the affect behind a double-tap or a like on Instagram so I put out an apology. I didn’t mean to offend anybody. I apologize for that still, I’m very sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt anybody’s feelings or do anything like that, so I stand by everything that I posted in my apology.”

“And I’m just trying to grow as a person and be a better person on a daily basis,” he said.

Other contestants, including Lincoln Adim and Leo Dottavio, have been accused of bad behavior. Adim was convicted of indecent assault and battery, and must register as a sex offender. Just last week, Dottavio denied allegations of past sexual harassment.

But all of that drama is in Kufrin’s rearview mirror as she looks towards walking down the aisle.