Just days after his ouster from Fox News,
Bill O’Reilly is planning a return to topical pontificating.
The former star of Fox News for more than two decades will resume his “No Spin News” podcast on Monday evening, he announced Saturday
on his personal website.
The podcast, available to premium subscribers of O’Reilly’s website paying $4.95 per month, would allow the host to resume his relationship with his legions of fans.
Also Read: Why Bill O'Reilly Could Be Off TV for a Long, Long Time: 'I Don't Think Anybody Would Hire Him'
The Monday return, scheduled to air at 7 p.m. ET, would also provide O’Reilly his first opportunity to speak publicly since his involuntary separation from Fox News following multiple claims of sexual harassment.
More than 60 advertisers fled “The O’Reilly Factor” since The New York Times first reported on April 1 that O’Reilly and Fox News paid $13 million to five women to settle sexual harassment allegations.
But even as the show was hemorrhaging sponsors, its ratings never dipped. On the contrary — the program saw
a spike in viewership since the scandal first broke.
Also Read: Bill O'Reilly Could Leave Fox News With Giant Payday
Since O’Reilly is such a polarizing figure, particularly in light of the sexual harassment claims, his options for finding another TV gig appear to be limited. So pursuing a subscriber model for continuing his broadcasting career may be a necessary, as well as strategic, next move.
“It would have to be subscription-based, something that doesn’t rely on advertising for its funding,” Chad Kawalec, marketing expert and founder of the Brand Identity Center, told TheWrap last week. “He could position himself as the truth teller who is not beholden to corporate America.”
Bill O'Reilly Sexual Harassment Scandal: Complete Timeline of Events (Photos)
“The O’Reilly Factor” host Bill O’Reilly, the most-watched and most profitable personality on cable news, is officially out at Fox News. Here’s everything you need to know about the Fox profit machine’s fall from grace amid sexual harassment scandals.
This year, O’Reilly has continued to dominate the ratings, ranking as the No. 1 most-watched cable news host — a position he’s held for more than a decade. Research firm Kantar Media estimated “The O’Reilly Factor” earned $446 million from advertisers ...
2004: In O'Reilly's first public run-in with sexual harassment claims, the host settled a lawsuit filed by his former producer, Andrea Mackris, according to a Washington Post report. The payout in the settlement was not disclosed.
January 2017: The current scandal begins to bubble when the New York Times reports that Fox News and O'Reilly secretly settled a sexual harassment lawsuit in January. Juliet Huddy, a former Fox News employee, alleged that in 2011, O'Reilly tried to der...
April 1, 2017: The New York Times reported that O’Reilly and Fox News have settled sexual harassment and verbal abuse claims with five different women aimed at the host over the years. The two settlements mentioned above had been previously reported, b...
April 1: In addition to the settlements, two other women allege sexual harassment against O’Reilly. Former Fox host Andrea Tantaros alleged O’Reilly sexually harassed her in a lawsuit against former Fox CEO Roger Ailes. Radio host Wendy Walsh also came...
April 4: As the scandal grew, O'Reilly sponsors began to jump ship. Eleven O'Reilly sponsors exit the show, including Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, BMW, GlaxoSmithKline, Allstate, T. Rowe Price and Constant Contact. Read the full story here.
April 5: Donald Trump supports O'Reilly, saying the host "shouldn't have settled." Trump also said "I don't think Bill did anything wrong." Read the rest of the story here.
April 5: Even more sponsors pulled their support for "The O'Reilly Factor." The advertisers jumping ship include Lexus, Credit Karma, Bayer, TrueCar, Wayfair, Orkin, Society for Human Resources Management, CFP Board and Coldwell Banker. The total numbe...
April 5: As the scandal heated up, others weighed in, including former Obama speechwriters. Celebrities such as Patton Oswalt and Bette Midler called for O'Reilly's firing on Twitter. D.L. Hughley wondered if O'Reilly has become a target because of his...
April 6: As more advertisers pulled out of "The O'Reilly Factor," two sponsors told TheWrap their ads were aired by Fox News against their wishes. Both MyPillow and Crowne Plaza said their ads were aired despite instructions to Fox not to do so. Read m...
April 7: Fox apparently stands behind O’Reilly despite sexual harassment allegations, and women at the network are reportedly “in anguish” that O’Reilly went “unrebuked.” Meanwhile, the number of advertisers who have pulled out from “The O’Reilly Facto...
April 7: Angie’s List, an advertiser that vocally stood by O’Reilly through the scandal, bowed to public boycott pressure and dropped its “Factor” sponsorship. Read the story here.
April 8: "Saturday Night Live" took aim at the O'Reilly scandal, while sending up Trump's support for the host. Alec Baldwin played both O'Reilly and Trump on the show. Watch the sketch here.
April 9: Fox News pledged to investigate the sexual harassment claims against O'Reilly, including Walsh's. Read the full story here.
April 11: Fox News aired what might have been the final episode of “The O’Reilly Factor.” The April 11 episode is O’Reilly’s last before a vacation he said he scheduled in the fall, running until April 24. But reports suggested O’Reilly may not return ...
April 13: In a letter congratulating Fox News on recent successes, Executive Chairman Rupert Murdoch failed to mention O’Reilly or the ongoing scandal. Read the full story here.
April 18: An African American woman came forward to allege O'Reilly sexually and racially harassed her as a protest advocating O'Reilly's firing takes place at the Fox News headquarters in New York City. According to a statement by lawyer Lisa Bloom, t...
April 18: The Wall Street Journal, a publication owned by the Murdoch family (who also own Fox news), reported the network was looking to cut ties with O'Reilly before he returned from his scheduled vacation on April 24. Read the full story here.
Getty Images/Fox News
April 19: Women’s advocacy group UltraViolet urges Fox to “stop protecting sexual harassers” and fire O’Reilly in an online ad. Read more here.
April 19: Fox News parent company 20th Century Fox releases a statement that O'Reilly will not return to the network. Read the story here.
(Tap photo and swipe to view gallery)