Billy Bush may be out of a job, but is there a $10 million pot of gold at the end of the long, dark tunnel, as reports have claimed?
Bush’s attorney, Marshall Grossman, told TheWrap on Saturday that a settlement has not yet been agreed upon — and disputed reports of an eight-figure settlement of the TV personality’s contract with NBC and “Today.”
“There are news reports that a $10M settlement has been reached between Billy Bush and NBC. That report is false,” Grossman wrote. “There is no $10M agreement and that amount has not been discussed. Negotiations are ongoing between the parties.”
Grossman told Page Six in a Friday interview, “Negotiations between Billy and NBC are progressing, and will continue to progress, and hopefully we will reach a conclusion in the near future. We were preparing for battle, but today we are preparing for settlement.”
Page Six went on to say that the settlement “will involve a large lump payment said to be the full value of his three-year contract, valued at around $10 million.”
Bush, who was officially suspended from NBC’s “Today” after a lewd 2005 videotape leaked of him interviewing Donald Trump, hired Grossman, a famed Los Angeles litigator known for handling celebrity problems as well as complex cases involving Apple Computer and other big corporate clients, according to a person close to the situation.
Although NBC bosses knew about the tape for days before it was leaked on “Access Hollywood” on Oct. 7, they did not discipline Bush until headlines stirred outrage over his dialog with Trump.
Earlier this week, the longtime TV host and “Access Hollywood” alum hired Davidson Goldin, a crisis-communication expert, to help tell his story in the media.