5 Questions: “Audiences expect to participate in the conversation,” says chief content officer Sam Toles says
Sam Toles is no stranger to the digital world and after hopping from Vimeo to MGM as SVP of digital, the industry veteran has landed at Bleacher Report in March as the company’s first chief content officer.
Toles has been tasked with helping the sports-centric company develop a disciplined system to create compelling content and support its growing talent pool of creators. The first step in building out this system, Toles said, is finding is preserving the company’s connection with fans through its social channels and its owned-and-operated properties, such as its IOS or Android apps.
The Turner-owned company has over 10 million followers across its social platforms and has generated more than 300 million views across YouTube. The company also runs several franchises, including “House of Highlights,” and has grown its presence on traditional TV presence with the recent Showtime documentary “Quiet Storm: The Ron Artest Story,” the first long-form project Bleacher Report has licensed to a third party.
In an interview with TheWrap, Toles discusses his new role and the difference in programming for a younger audience vs an older one.
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers