Brian Williams‘ apologetic interview with Matt Lauer didn’t satisfy the social masses Friday, as most social media users panned the former “Nightly News” anchor for perceived evasiveness in his answers.
“I told the story correctly for years before I told it incorrectly–I was not trying to mislead people, that to me is a huge difference here,” Williams told Lauer.
“It came from a bad place, it came from a sloppy choice of words,” Williams said about telling inaccurate stories on and off-air while vehemently claiming he did not intentionally lie.
Social media wasn’t having it.
– Gina Way (@ginaway1) June 19, 2015
– Hadassah Legge (@Sangkofah) June 19, 2015
– Jason Mollica (@JasMollica) June 19, 2015
MSNBC…where honesty is not a job requirement. #BrianWilliams
- Kris (@scrapmom50) June 19, 2015
Some took aim at Lauer:
– Jeff Jarvis (@jeffjarvis) June 19, 2015
Oh good, NBC millionaire host Matt Lauer interviewing NBC millionaire anchor Brian Williams…..
– Eric Boehlert (@EricBoehlert) June 19, 2015
Williams will start at MSNBC when his suspension ends in August.