Britney Spears‘ performance at the Apple Music Festival drew a mix of delight and concern — because at one point the “Oops, I Did It Again” singer almost fell on the floor.
A momentary panic washed over the crowd and Spears’ Twitter army when an attempt by a backup dancer to lift the singer went awry, nearly sending the “Womanizer” songbird tumbling. While Spears recovered unscathed, fans’ nerves were clearly rattled.
“Omg that scared me. She was going too early but thank god nothing bad happened,” one Spears devotee fretted.
“When every heart of the entire Britney Army just stopped for a second,” another said, posting a GIF of the near-disaster.
Aside from the near-spill, Spears’ show at the Roundhouse in London got plenty of good reviews.
“BRITNEY SPEARS IS THE BEST PERFORMER OF ALL TIME,” another raved.
Didn’t catch the live stream of Spears’ performance? Read some of the best reactions below.
– ?’ (@Wildsixteen) September 27, 2016
– carlos (@MisterBadKarma) September 27, 2016
– Fiebre Britney (@fiebrebritney_) September 27, 2016
– Apple Music (@AppleMusic) September 27, 2016
– The Fitness Marshall (@TheFitMarshall) September 27, 2016
– crocodwillo (@ImWilll) September 27, 2016
Omg that scared me. She was going too early but thank god nothing bad happened #AMFBRITNEY
– Mona Lisa Fan (@MonaLisaFan) September 27, 2016