C-SPAN Reports Shooting Threat Against CNN’s Don Lemon, Brian Stelter to FBI

“Washington Journal” host did not hear caller’s threat, C-SPAN says

Last Updated: August 6, 2018 @ 7:24 PM

After a caller threatened to shoot CNN anchors Don Lemon and Brian Stelter on C-SPAN air late last week, the public service network said Monday that the show’s host “did not hear the comment.”

C-SPAN also said it reported the threat to the FBI.

The on-air threat occurred during Friday morning’s “open phones” segment of “Washington Journal.” A man who said he was from Pennsylvania accused Stelter and Lemon of calling Trump supporters “racist,” adding, “They started the war, I see them I’m going to shoot them. Bye.”

Stelter replayed the call on CNN air Sunday during “Reliable Sources,” as seen in the video above.

C-SPAN pointed to its network guidance on handling “offensive, inaccurate or threatening statements” in its Monday statement. It includes that “hosts are expected to step in to cut off the call” during such instances.