CBS and Dish Network have agreed to a temporary extension for their ongoing, ugly carriage fee dispute.
“CBS has agreed to a short term extension while negotiations continue,” the broadcast network told TheWrap in a statement on Thursday.
Also read: CBS Attacks Dish for 'Dragging its Feet' as Carriage Deadline Nears
CBS’s dispute with Dish stems from the amount that both parties think that Dish should pay to carry the network. Earlier this week, CBS accused the satellite provider of “deliberately dragging its feet” in reaching an agreement.
Also read: Turner CEO Fires Back at Dish Chairman: We Have No Idea What He's Talking About
“Dish has been deliberately dragging its feet for months,” CBS asserted in a statement. “Now, as the deadline nears, Dish appears willing to drop the most popular programming in its entire channel lineup because it won’t negotiate the same sort of deal that other cable, satellite and telco companies have struck with CBS.”
“Not reaching agreements is nothing new for Dish,” the broadcast network continued, claiming that it has dropped more than 120 stations since 2013 alone.
Also read: Bill Cosby’s Letterman Appearance Canceled Amid Resurfaced Rape Allegations
Dish, meanwhile, has said that it has been “actively working to reach a deal before the contract expires.”
“Only CBS can force a blackout of its channels. Dish is actively working to reach a deal before the contract expires and has successfully negotiated agreements representing hundreds of stations in recent months that benefit all parties, including our viewers.”
Also read: Thanksgiving Viewing Guide: 17 Shows, Movies and Specials to Feast Your Eyes On