‘Chronicle’ Director Josh Trank Says He Banned Max Landis From Set

Multiple women have accused Landis of abuse

“Chronicle” director Josh Trank said he is “heartbroken” and “sick to my stomach” after a Daily Beast article that says several women accuse “Chronicle” screenwriter Max Landis of sexual assault, abuse and on-set harassment.

“I 100% believe every word of this article about Max. I banned him from visiting principal photography of ‘Chronicle,’ and I haven’t spoken to him since 2012,” Trank tweeted on Tuesday. “To read about the terror he’s inflicted on so many women since then makes me sick to my stomach. Heartbroken beyond measure.”

Representatives for Landis have not responded to TheWrap’s request for comment on the accusations. He has also not responded to the Daily Beast.

A woman identified as Julie told the Daily Beast that Landis repeatedly raped her during their two-year personal relationship. Further, three of Landis’s ex-girlfriends — Ani Baker, Dani Manning, and a woman identified by the pseudonym Kerry — said Landis had physically and emotionally abused them, including choking them. And a woman identified as Veronica said Landis touched her in an unwanted sexual manner repeatedly during an overnight trip to Disneyland. Another woman said she witnessed Landis raping her disoriented friend.

Landis, who also wrote the screenplay for the films “Bright” and “Victor Frankenstein” and is the son of director John Landis, wrote the screenplay and story for the 2012 found footage superhero story “Chronicle,” which Trank directed.

Here is Trank’s tweet: