The CMAs were not only the top ratings hound dog, it also made quite a few impressions on Facebook — both puns intended.
Four million users had 8.8 million Facebook interactions Wednesday night related to the CMAs. The biggest single moment was George Strait winning Entertainer of the Year, and the largest contributing state was Texas. As for the demos, let’s just say that cowboys weren’t too vocal on the social media site.
Below is an overview of key data points around the show, according to Facebook, including demographics, where people were discussing the show, and the most social moments of the night.
Up first, the Top 5 most social moments from the CMAs on Facebook, toplined by guys named George:
1. George Strait wins Entertainer of the Year
2. George Jones tribute with George Strait and Alan Jackson performing “She Stopped Loving Her Today”
3. Luke Bryan opens the show with “That’s My Kinda Night”
4. Kenny Rogers and Jennifer Nettles perform “Islands in the Stream”
5. Carrie Underwood‘s medley at the start of the final hour of the show
Next, here are the Top 5 demos buzzing about the CMAs — it was clearly ladies’ night:
1. Women 25-34
2. Women 35-44
3. Women 45-54
4. Women 18-24
5. Women 55-64
And the Top 10 states talking about the awards show on Mark Zuckerberg’s mega-website may surprise you. Number 1 will not:
3. New Jersey
8. North Carolina