Conservatives took to social media to blast NBC for a perceived double standard in cutting ties with Donald Trump Monday for his comments about Mexican immigrants while keeping Al Sharpton despite the pastor-turned-MSNBC host’s numerous controversial remarks over the years.
Fox News mainstays like Greta van Susteren and Brit Hume joined Right-leaning radio hosts such as Neal Boortz, Larry Elder and Jason Mattera in questioning the network’s dumping of Trump while keeping Sharpton in place.
Sharpton, they argue, is just as guilty for making “demeaning” comments about race, religion and homosexuality. Despite his well-documented controversial statements, Sharpton maintains his MSNBC hosting gig.
Elder launched the social media tiff against NBC on Sunday and was quickly joined by his right-leaning peers.
Read the tweets below.
NBC is ending its relationship with Donald Trump. But the race hustling anti-Semitic bigot, Al Sharpton, not a problem. #DonaldTrump
– Larry Elder (@larryelder) June 29, 2015
- Larry Elder (@larryelder) June 29, 2015
NBC “We don’t want to be associated with Donald Trump because of some of his comments, and now back to the Al Sharpton Show”
– MARK SIMONE (@MarkSimoneNY) June 29, 2015
I keep getting emails saying this:”NBC dumps @realDonaldTrump but not Al Sharpton”
– Greta Van Susteren (@greta) June 30, 2015
Wow. @nbc finds Donald Trump offensive. But not Al Sharpton. Wait! Almost forgot. Trump is white. Never mind.
- Neal Boortz (@Talkmaster) June 30, 2015
- Roger Simon (@rogerlsimon) June 30, 2015
Good question. https://t.co/bBPO5FuWqN
– Brit Hume (@brithume) June 29, 2015
I’m calling on NBC to fire Al Sharpton, whose words & actions for decades have been hateful & demeaning
– Mark R. Levin (@marklevinshow) June 30, 2015
How can a network that employs Al Sharpton can suddenly decide Trump is too controversial to associate with? http://t.co/L1TpdQ7p5K
– jimgeraghty (@jimgeraghty) June 30, 2015
Meanwhile, NBC still employs reverend racist Al Sharpton… http://t.co/iejbh4nKRu
– Jason Mattera (@JasonMattera) June 29, 2015
– FOX & Friends (@foxandfriends) June 30, 2015