Florida Shooting Survivor David Hogg Offers to Go on Alex Jones’ ‘InfoWars’ – Then Backpedals

“I sent that tweet without realizing just how awful so many people have been,” Hogg tells TheWrap as to why he will no longer appear on InfoWars

David Hogg, the telegenic survivor of the mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, has walked back an offer to appear on right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ online talk show “InfoWars.”

In a statement to TheWrap, Hogg said he was unaware of Jones’ past — including his conspiracy theories questioning the existence of the 2012 massacre of 26 students and adults at an elementary school in Sandy Hook, Conn. — and that his offer on Twitter was withdrawn.

“I will not speak to anyone that has had disgusting remarks to victims of mass shootings in the past,” Hogg told TheWrap. “I sent that tweet without realizing just how awful so many people have been to victims and witnesses of these events in the past #neveragain.”

Earlier on Tuesday, the 17-year-old got into a Twitter storm with Jones, at one point even offering to appear on “InfoWars.”

“Hey Alex Jones you seem to be really confused as to what I do/who I am. I’d love to come on and clear some of this up because clearly as a s– journalist you can’t clearly,” the high school senior wrote.

“Wait ???”didn’t you get sued for pedaling lies about the survivors and victims of another school shooting? Clearly someone didn’t learn from their mistakes,” Hogg added.


Jones immediately seized on Hogg’s offer. “I would love to have you on today to clear up some of the disinformation that has been put out about my statements concerning the tragedy,” he wrote. “I notice you’re calling me a ‘s– journalist’ and ‘snake oil’ salesman when I have never called you any disparaging names.”

Jones, a notorious conspiracy peddler, has in the past declared the Sandy Hook massacre a hoax. He was also the driving force behind the 2016 Pizzagate scandal and unsubstantiated accusations linking Chobani employees to sexual assault and a rise in tuberculosis. Jones was ultimately forced to apologize for both claims.

Jones has however become increasingly influential in the Trump era and interviewed the president on his show while he was a candidate back in 2015. Jones has said the two remain in contact.