WWE’s decision to completely disassociate itself from Hulk Hogan in the wake of revelations the wrestler used the N-word on multiple occasions is drawing a wide range of reactions online.
WWE superstar Mark Henry said he is “hurt and offended” by Hogan’s comments. However, former NBA player Dennis Rodman, who joined Hogan for a brief run in WCW in 1997, defended him in a tweet saying, “There isn’t a racist bone in that mans body.”
Read some of the reactions below:
– Dennis Rodman (@dennisrodman) July 24, 2015
– TheMarkHenry (@TheMarkHenry) July 24, 2015
So #Hulk Hogan is racist n Billy Cosby is a rapist.My childhood was a total sham. I’m now waiting for someone to tell me It’s all nightmares
– NsukDropOut (@Abu_swag) July 24, 2015
Hulk Hogan still got N word rights for bodyslamming Andre the Giant bigass
– Vic Dukes (@VictorDukes23) July 24, 2015
Big freaking deal if Hulk Hogan used a “bad word” to describe his daughter’s scumbag wanna be thug boyfriend. He shouldn’t apologize.
– Mark Dice (@MarkDice) July 24, 2015
This is just god’s way of saying Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at WrestleMania is a terrible idea.
– Mike Killam (@MikeKillam) July 24, 2015
Hulk Hogan’s racist rant is just another sad example of orange privilege.
– Shari VanderWerf (@shariv67) July 24, 2015
Lol at the WWE taking a stand against racism & Hulk Hogan when this is the guy that runs the company: pic.twitter.com/SK7Sx61Feo
– Rob Fee (@robfee) July 24, 2015
Hulk Hogan said racist things & people are upset bc they thought he was a good guy. WHAT? A PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER WAS FAKE ALL THESE YEARS?
– Hari Kondabolu (@harikondabolu) July 24, 2015
Hulk Hogan gone from WWE history! pic.twitter.com/nsA8ln06bz
– Kit (@KitIsWrestling) July 24, 2015
Hulk Hogan is no longer in the WWE Hall of Fame, but Donald Trump still is! pic.twitter.com/HequXiJJ9O
– President Trump (@Writeintrump) July 24, 2015
That racist ish Hulk Hogan said was ugly. I know “Hulk Hogan” is a character, but as a kid, that dude was my idol.
— Shaun King (@ShaunKing) July 24, 2015