Donald Trump supporters are none too happy with the news that the president-elect will not pursue charges against Hillary Clinton.
“He belongs in the swamp with the rest,” one Twitter user wrote. “He deceived people to get votes??’?no equal justice for all. Trump lied??’?????no longer a fan. Sad day.”
To be fair, many are claiming that Trump is simply waiting to take office before going after Clinton. Others say they know the president cannot prosecute someone directly, but rather would want Trump to support Congress or the Department of Justice in their own investigations.
Prosecuting Clinton for her use of a private email server while she was Secretary of State was a major component of Trump’s campaign, with chants of “Lock her up!” regularly breaking out at his rallies.
Read more reactions below.
@BreitbartNews so wrong on many levels – if there is a crime, he needs to man up and prosecute – WHY has she gotten away with this
– Andy Woolard (@andywoolard) November 22, 2016
– IchDien (@SoSoOtis) November 22, 2016
@BreitbartNews Im starting to think that he said he would just to get votes. I say: lock her up, lock her up, lock her up, lock her up!!!!!!
– Shirley Brown (@Shirley46249163) November 22, 2016
@TIME He belongs in the swamp with the rest. He deceived people to get votes??’?no equal justice for all. Trump lied??’?????no longer a fan. Sad day
– Kenneth (@kenfriend55) November 22, 2016
– PresidentElect Trump (@Jerzeee4Trump) November 22, 2016
@KellyannePolls If Trump breaks his promise to prosecute Clinton we will never trust you or Trump again. This is a huge deal. U both LIED!!!
– Fred Hendee (@HENDEEF67) November 22, 2016
– Grace (@gracefulme3) November 22, 2016
– David Harwell (@David_Harwell) November 22, 2016
– ARJAY (@RealRandyCohen) November 22, 2016