Viewers of Monday’s episode of “Today” had plenty to say about the appearance of GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump.
Trump was on the morning show for a live town hall meeting and Q&A with host Matt Lauer. Many began using the hashtag #TrumpTODAY to vent their frustrations with the outspoken candidate.
The Republican frontrunner’s biggest gaffe came when he said his father gave him a “small loan of a million dollars” when he first broke into real estate.
See more reactions below.
When ratings become a measure for the next leader of the free world… we need to rethink our representative government. #TrumpTODAY
- Jen (@Title9_JCH) October 26, 2015
Trump: My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars. Oh, how he struggled. It brings a tear to my eye.
- Tina Issa (@tinaissa) October 26, 2015
If trump wins, we might as well just light the whole country on fire bc it will be a living hell #TrumpTODAY
- Emily loves ot4 (@GiggIingLou) October 26, 2015
Wow, Trump really doesn’t have much to say. Defensive with no how or plan, except to build a wall. #trumptoday
- MidnightGrizzly (@midnightgrizzly) October 26, 2015
- Cici (@CanterburyCici) October 26, 2015
I am so afraid for everyone who thinks this man is right for this country. #TrumpTODAY
– Michelle Zambrana (@meeshsparks) October 26, 2015