Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson says he has “no plans” to make another “Journey” movie after 2012’s “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.”
Responding to a 15-year-old fan inquiring about “Journey 3” on Twitter, the actor said, “Unfortunately, I have no plans to make another Journey movie. My goal to make Jules Verne’s ‘From the Earth to the Moon’ became a real challenge to crack creatively.”
Hey big man, good to see you asked dad’s permission to use his account. Unfortunately, I have no plans to make another Journey movie. My goal to make Jules Verne’s “From the Earth to the Moon” became a real challenge to crack creatively. Thx for being such a cool fan. ???????????????? https://t.co/9PQeCMBIAR
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) January 3, 2018
In 2012, TheWrap exclusively reported that Johnson was in talks to return for “Journey 3.” Johnson played Hank in “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.” He replaced Brendan Fraser, who starred as Trevor Anderson in 2008’s “Journey to the Center of the Earth.”
“Journey 2” grossed $103.8 million domestically and $335.3 million worldwide. It was directed by Brad Peyton and also starred Michael Caine, Josh Hutcherson, Vanessa Hudgens and Luis Guzman.
Johnson is keeping busy — his most recent film, “Jumanji,” is crushing it at the box office and popular with audiences and critics. He will next star in “Rampage,” “Fighting with My family” and “Skyscraper,” and is also starring on the HBO series “Ballers.”
Last month, the actor received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
New Line had no comment.