Dylan McDermott Sexual Assault Case Rejected by Los Angeles DA’s Office

Woman alleged that the “American Horror Story” star had sexually assaulted her in 1991

Last Updated: September 7, 2018 @ 11:59 AM

A sexual assault case against “American Horror Story” actor Dylan McDermott has been rejected by prosecutors, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office said Friday.

According to paperwork, a woman accused McDermott of sexually assaulting her in 1991. However, given the length of time that had passed, prosecutors declined the case.

“The allegation is outside the statute of limitations, therefore, an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence is not warranted and prosecution is declined,” the paperwork reads.

According to the paperwork, the case was handled by the Santa Monica Police Department.

In a statement, a representative for McDermott said, “Mr. McDermott learned about these allegations last year and trusted that the process would end exactly as it has.”