Fox News has twice as many stories in top 10,000 as the New York Times
Even as conservatives grow increasingly skeptical of Silicon Valley, Facebook appears to be a paradise for right-leaning news outlets, with Fox News dominating the social network’s most popular stories so far this year.
Fox News accounts for 438 of the top 10,000 English-language stories on Facebook through early March 2019, more than any other publisher, according to a report from social media tracking firm NewsWhip.
The Daily Wire, conservative commentator Ben Shapiro’s digital publication, “punched well above its weight,” NewsWhip said, by taking second place with 347 of the top 10,000 stories.
The rest of the top 20 is largely made up of legacy media outlets like The New York Times, The Washington Post and CNN, as well newer outlets like LADBible that have “succeeded in going digital.” Breitbart.com, the only other right-leaning outlet in the top 20, grabbed the 13th spot.
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers