Ed Henry will return to Fox News on Monday after taking the summer off amid allegations of a long-term affair, which surfaced earlier this year.
Henry will return in a new role, covering general assignments as opposed to the Hillary Clinton campaign, but Fox News does not consider the move a downgrade. Jennifer Griffin was assigned to the Clinton campaign in Henry’s absence. Henry is now a chief national correspondent and will also report on breaking news.
The cable news network previously announced Henry was “taking some time off to work things out” after In Touch Weekly reported that he was involved in an on-going affair with a Las Vegas hostess, Natalia Lima, who described “Ed’s secret double life” for the celebrity tabloid.
“Whenever he was in town, we would pretty much just have sex. He has a really high sex drive,” Lima told In Touch. She said she met Henry five years ago through social media and their friendship became sexual in the spring of 2015.
A National Enquirer report further detailed Henry’s alleged affair, offering raunchy details that include Henry allegedly spending $2,000 at a strip club on “private lap dances and champagne.”
Back in May, before Roger Ailes had to deal with his own controversy, the former Fox News chairman and CEO said the rumors about Henry raise “serious questions” about the reporter’s “lack of judgment.”
Ailes famously resigned from Fox News this summer after former host Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit that resulted in numerous women coming forward with similar claims.
Prior to joining FNC, Henry was at CNN from 2004 to 2011, serving as the network’s senior White House correspondent and a congressional correspondent. He and NPR’s Shirley Hung married in 2010.