Kanye West might dominate the headlines lately, but in terms of money-making, it hasn't been a particularly robust year for the "Life of Pablo" rapper.
Forbes released its list of highest-paid hip-hop acts of 2016 on Wednesday, and West didn't manage to crack the Top 10, taking in a relatively paltry $17.5 million -- his lowest showing since 2011. Which rappers beat out West in the quest for hip-hop riches? Read on to find out...
10. Thanks to a label roster that continues to include Lil Wayne, Drake and Nicki Minaj, Cash Money Records kingpin Birdman padded his nest with $18 million.
9. Kendrick Lamar released "Untitled Unmastered" earlier this year and he definitely wasn't unrewarded, taking in $18.5 million.
8. Pharrell Williams' production work and TV gig on NBC's "The Voice" helped him amass $19.5 million.
7. Pitbull hit a personal best on the list this year with $20 million due to performances and numerous endorsements ranging from Playboy to Norwegian Cruise Lines.
6. Lone female entry Nicki Minaj managed her share of money-making with $20.5 million, thanks to dates on The Pinkprint Tour and deals with MAC and K-Mart, among others.