‘House of Cards’ Suspends Production on Season 6 Amid Kevin Spacey Scandal

Netflix announced Monday that sixth season would be the final run

“House of Cards” has halted production indefinitely on its sixth season in the wake of a sexual misconduct accusation against star Kevin Spacey.

Netflix and series producer Media Rights Capital made the announcement Tuesday, one day after the companies said that Season 6 would be the heralded political drama’s final run.

“MRC and Netflix have decided to suspend production on ‘House of Cards’ Season 6, until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew,” reads the companies’ joint statement.

The announcement follows “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp telling BuzzFeed on Sunday that Spacey made a sexual advance toward him three decades ago, when Rapp was just 14. Spacey has apologized but said he does not remember the events in question.

“House of Cards” had already begun production on Season 6, which was to debut in 2018. Season 5 was released in May and earned Spacey his fifth consecutive Emmy nomination for playing diabolical politician Frank Underwood.

TheWrap reported on Monday that Netflix is weighing several options for a potential “House of Cards” spinoff.