“One of the biggest shifts has come in the way that advertisers are buying digital media,” says Bill Condon, SVP of Advertising Partnerships at Xumo
Xumo is on a mission to become a family household name. In less than one year, the free ad-supported streaming TV service, which counts more than 5.5 million monthly active users, has tripled its reach, says the company’s SVP of advertising partnerships Bill Condon.
While the company remains far behind Pluto TV’s 18 million monthly users, Condon says there are several ways the company hopes to stick out from the competition with native integrations with Smart TV and mobile companies. He detailed the strategy and discussed Xumo’s ad sales strategy with TheWrap.
How does Xumo stand out in today’s increasingly crowded market?
We’re differentiating in several ways. First, we’re very focused on native integrations with our Smart TV and mobile partners. Second, we’re leading with top-quality content and partnering with premium brands to create stand-alone channels and then providing our clients the ability to creatively, and transparently, align their brands via high impact ad units and integrated, targeted sponsorships. Lastly, we’re fueling hyper-growth on our service, having launched on five new platforms this year alone, including Amazon Fire, Comcast xfinity set top boxes, and Android TV, and enterprise services for T-Mobile and LG International. Since January of this year, our…
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap's Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to 'chill spots' at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers