Bill Condon’s ‘Bride of Frankenstein’ Pulled From Release Schedule

Universal Pictures horror was previously dated for Feb. 14, 2019

Bill Condon’s “Bride of Frankenstein” has been pulled from Universal’s release schedule, the studio announced Thursday.

It was previously dated for Feb. 14, 2019. An untitled Blumhouse horror project will now take its place.

An individual with knowledge of the project said the decision to postpone the film was a mutual decision so as to not rush into a project just because of a release date. Everyone involved is committed to building out the next chapter of “The Dark Universe,” the insider said.

“After thoughtful consideration, Universal Pictures and director Bill Condon have decided to postpone ‘Bride of Frankenstein,'” Universal Pictures said in a statement. “None of us want to move too quickly to meet a release date when we know this special movie needs more time to come together.  Bill is a director whose enormous talent has been proven time and again, and we all look forward to continuing to work on this film together.”

When “Bride of Frankenstein” goes into production, it will be part of Universal’s “Dark Universe” series, which will revive the studio’s iconic horror movie villains and bring them together into a new cinematic universe. The series started with Tom Cruise’s remake of “The Mummy.” The movies will be connected by a mysterious organization called Prodigium that seeks to protect humanity from evil monsters. Prodigium is led by Dr. Henry Jekyll (played by Russell Crowe).

Angelina Jolie

READ MORE

See Angelina Jolie's latest POWER MOVE.

PowerRank:

1398

Javier Bardem and Angelina Jolie have been previously attached to “Bride of Frankenstein.”