Jeremy Clarkson Will Appear on ‘Top Gear’ Again

Ousted BBC show host is not banned from the channel, controller clarifies

Last Updated: April 22, 2015 @ 7:42 AM

Jeremy Clarkson is not banned from the BBC, he’s just no longer a host of “Top Gear,” Kim Shillinglaw, controller of BBC Two and BBC Four, clarified on Wednesday. And as a matter of fact, his final scenes from the show will be screened later this year.

“It’s serious and unfortunate what happened but there is no ban on Jeremy being on the BBC,” Shillinglaw explained to the BBC. “It’s a big deal what happened and Jeremy, as any human being would, needs some time.”

On previously shot footage of Clarkson airing, she stated: “No way would I want the available material not to be seen by viewers.”

That said, there is not enough material to piece together the three remaining episodes of the series, which was yanked after Clarkson assaulted producer Oisin Tymon in March.

As a result of the reported 20-minute verbal assault and 30-second physical one, Clarkson was fired from the production.

The outburst allegedly occurred when Clarkson, 55, demanded steak and fries after a day of filming, but was told that the hotel in North Yorkshire, England, where the crew was staying, was no longer serving hot food.

Moving forward, Shillinglaw is tasked with finding Clarkson’s replacement, who many — including bookmakers — believe will be a woman. The current odds-on favorite is apparently Sue Perkins, host of BBC One’s “The Great British Bake Off.”

“We’ll definitely look at some women but it’s not a driving priority,” said Shillinglaw, who described the search process as an “open book.”