Kevin Spacey Faces Second Criminal Investigation in London

The disgraced actor now accused of “sexual assaults” of a man in 2005

Kevin Spacey faces a second criminal investigation by London police for sexual assault, this time an allegation dating from 2005 in the Lambeth section of South London.

According to British media reports, New Scotland Yard had launched a previous investigation on November 1 of allegations that the Oscar winner had sexually assaulted a man in 2008.

The second investigation, first reported by Variety on Wednesday, stems from a new allegation made last Friday by a second man.

“Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offenses Command are investigating,” London police said in a statement released Wednesday.

According to custom, the authorities did not identify Spacey by name. But the British tabloid The Sun has reported that a man accused Spacey of a sexual assault in 2008 in Lambeth. The unidentified man said he smoked marijuana with Spacey, passed out and woke to find the actor performing oral sex on him.

The complainant said he had asked the veteran actor to help his own career and that Spacey warned him after the encounter, “Don’t tell anyone about this.” He said he then fled the residence.

At the time, Spacey served as the artistic director of London’s Old Vic Theatre.

A rep for Spacey could not be reached for comment.

Spacey’s professional life has unraveled quickly since “Star Trek: Discovery” star Anthony Rapp accused him of making sexual advances when the latter was 14 years old. More than a dozen men subsequently came forward with allegations of sexual misconduct by the Oscar winner.

Spacey’s agency CAA and publicist Staci Wolfe both fired the actor. Netflix cut ties with the star of its hit drama “House of Cards,” and Ridley Scott elected to reshoot the already wrapped “All the Money in the World” with Christopher Plummer taking Spacey’s role.

A former rep for Spacey told TheWrap earlier this month the actor was seeking treatment and evaluation.