Lady Gaga will open Sunday's MTV Music Video Awards, but she's going to have a hard time surprising us. There just aren't many places she can go after wearing a meat dress to last year's VMAs and arriving for the Grammys in an egg.
Still, there are a few ways she could still catch us off guard. Here are eight of them:
1. Duet With Fred Phelps. What better way to bring Gaga's sizable gay following and the homophobes of Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church together in perfect harmony? At the very least, it'd spark a mass reaction of "Ra-ra, wha-tha-fa–?!!?"
2. Accuse Madonna of stealing her act. Because you have to admit, they're kind of similar.
3. Devour a human infant. Gaga's charitable work for a variety of causes is well known. Could there be a better way to draw attention to the problem of world hunger? (Special thanks on this one to Jonathan Swift.)
4. Openly taunt Oprah about this.
5. Ask "Glee" to cool it with using her songs, and tell them it got a little out of hand last season.
6. Tape together Sinead O'Connor's picture of the Pope.
7. Two words: Placenta dress.