CBS Chairman, President and CEO Leslie Moonves is Hollywood’s top paid executive, earning $69.3 million in 2017.
In an annual study of Hollywood’s highest paid executives, TheWrap analyzed filings from the SEC and found that Moonves earned $20 million more than the next largest earner in Hollywood, Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes, and nearly twice the amount of Disney chief Bob Iger.
TheWrap’s report analyzes Hollywood’s top earners as well as the percentage change in their salary from 2016. The list will also be updated as additional major media companies report their take-home pay for their top executives.
Here are some other highlights from the study:
- Dish Network Chairman Charlie Ergen saw a 41 percent increase in his earnings from 2016 after losing the title of CEO in December.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook had a 51 percent in his earnings after the company closed 2017 with its biggest quarter ever, earning $88.3 billion in revenue.
- Viacom CEO Bob Bakish made $70 million less than his predecessor Philippe Dauman did in 2016.
- Discovery President and CEO David Zazlav earned $42.2 million in 2017 after the company acquired Scripps for $15 billion.
- Netflix’s Ted Sarandos and Reed Hastings saw a big uptick in their earnings after the company added 20 million subscribers in 2017.
The “Hollywood’s Highest Paid Executives” analysis is an annual feature conducted by TheWrap dating back to 2008, and past reports are available for comparison for each year.
Read the full story here.