(Warning: This post actually contains spoilers for the “Game of Thrones” Season 8 premiere)
Leslie Jones and Seth Meyers had a “Game of Jones” viewing party Thursday night. Sorry, Leslie Jones and Seth Meyers had a “Game of Thrones” viewing party Thursday night. The rest of us got to watch a new episode of “Game of Jones,” which is Jones and Meyers watching and loudly explaining the “GoT” Season 8 premiere.
During last night’s “Late Night With Seth Meyers,” the “SNL” star and die-hard “Thrones” fan sat down to do a play-by-play of the first episode of the HBO fantasy series’ eighth and final season with the NBC late-night host.
Here are some of the highlights from the 9-minute, 21-second bit, which you can view above.
– If Jones had a dragon, she’d be doing “drive-bys every weekend.” Like, the fiery kind.
– Jones, when Bran Stark says “We don’t have time for this” when Daenerys and Jon Snow arrive at Winterfell: “Bran, that’s not how you introduce yourself to people.”
– Meyers has heard this episode is a bit boring, perhaps. Jones’ reply: “What? Blasphemy, blasphemy! Anybody said that you start unfollowing me right now cause you obviously don’t watch ‘GoT’ and you don’t know this is a transition episode!”
– Leslie attempts to explain how Jon Snow and Dany are related and absolutely all of it is inaccurate.
– There is a 10-minute intermission so Jones and Meyers can “levitate,” which is something you can uh, only do legally in Massachusetts or Colorado.
– Jones, when Sansa asks what dragons even eat: “THEY EAT WHAT THEY WANT, SON! Tell her [to] ask a dragon what they eat. They gonna say, ‘RAAAAAAWWWRRRRR. Whatever the f–k I want. Bring me some Popeyes!'”
– Jones, again defending the “transition episode”: “See this is an important episode. How you gonna say it’s boring? It’s so important. People who didn’t see each other see each other now!”
– Leslie says she’s getting old enough she might actually date a guy like Euron Greyjoy.
– Jones wants to know who cut up all those Umbers and put their arms in that “pretty star shape.”