New ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke teased that the network may be going back to a certain mystical island, though don’t get your hopes up for a “Lost” reboot just yet.
Before her debut session at the Television Critics Association press tour on Tuesday, ABC played a sizzle reel that began with Matthew Fox’s Jack Shepherd saying, “We have to go back.” Burke was asked if that alluded to a possible reboot of the drama series, which ended in 2010, and she didn’t exactly say no.
“You should. Yes,” she said. “I would like that very much. That would be something I would be interested in seeing.”
However, after the panel, Burke clarified those comments to reporters, saying that no conversations about a reboot have taken place. But she’s hopeful they happen at some point.
“It is literally, at this point, what I dream about when I go to bed. I have not spoken to Carlton [Cuse], or [J.J. Abrams] or ABC Studios about it,” she said. “But I do often get asked the question [of] what show I would reboot, and my answer is ‘Lost.’ Nothing to report yet.. maybe ever. But it would be a fun thing to have a conversation about.”
Cuse, who was co-showrunner on “Lost” with Damon Lindelof, has previously said neither he nor Lindelof have any interest in rebooting the series but would welcome someone else’s take on it.