Marvel fans woke up early Thursday morning expecting some huge news about the Marvel Cinematic Universe — and some turned away from the company’s Twitter feed feeling very disappointed.
Marvel sent out a message via social media on Wednesday teasing a big announcement at 7 a.m. PT on Thursday. Many were expecting some news about the ever expanding MCU, or perhaps even the Marvel TV Universe. Instead, they were treated to a teaser for a new “Avengers” video game.
The announcement was met with a resounding “That’s it?” from many fans. Or as one person tweeted, “You made us wait hours for this?”
However, others were quick to point out that this was sent out via the Marvel Entertainment account, not the Marvel Studios account, so there was never any guarantee it would be film or TV related in the first place. But that’s not very comforting to those who spent the previous night dreaming of what cool superhero news they’d wake up to today.
Take a look at a sampling of the disappointment below, along with the video game teaser.
- Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) January 26, 2017
- Khaleesi (@childishxbreezy) January 26, 2017
- rαffy (@sebbyschris) January 26, 2017
- Mr. Solo Dolo (@jeanxmh) January 26, 2017
- ?…? (@D0UCHEP00L) January 26, 2017
- Άγγελος ?”ιώργος (@angelos_giorgos) January 26, 2017
- Michael Scally (@FizzVsTheWorld) January 26, 2017
- Mehrac ALIYARI (@M_L_A_Z) January 26, 2017
- Rotimi Akinbiyi (@TimiFrost) January 26, 2017
- Logan Ferguson (@Tandur) January 26, 2017
All 58 Marvel Movies Ranked, Including 'Spider-Man: Far From Home'
Decades of big screen Marvel adaptations demand a long, ranked list. This is that list
TV By Linda Ge | January 10, 2017 @ 5:07 PM
Movies By Beatrice Verhoeven | January 6, 2017 @ 9:12 AM