Content producers must ask themselves, “Why does the world need my app?” Frequency’s George Rausch says
While launching a streaming service has become a norm among those in the entertainment industry, not every company is cut out for the challenges of entering an already crowded marketplace.
Whether it’s AVOD or SVOD, launching an OTT platform requires more than just content -- something that is often overlooked by companies, according to George Rausch, head of product marketing at Frequency, a company that helps clients manage, package and distribute their video across the globe.
“The first thing that everyone says is, ‘I've got content -- I know I need to be on Apple TV, Roku and Fire TV,” Rausch told TheWrap. “But it’s actu...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers