TCA 2019: But no way FX is part of Disney+, John Landgraf tells TheWrap
As the streaming wars heat up, FX chairman John Landgraf is very happy his network will soon hitch its wagon to Disney.
This year alone will see Apple, WarnerMedia and Disney all launch their own streaming services, with Comcast right behind them in 2020. With the upcoming launch of Disney+, the Mouse House is about to become a major player in the streaming world. For Landgraf, it’s comforting that FX is about to become part of that family as it competes with the already-established players — Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and even CBS All Access.
“[It’s a] crowded field,” Landgraf told TheWrap on Monday during the Television Critics Association press tour. “All I can tell you is that I feel really excited and muc...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers