VidCon GM Jim Louderback discusses the early days of online video and the industry’s dramatic evolution over the past decade
As the GM & SVP VidCon at Viacom, Jim Louderback oversees the world’s largest event series for online video creators, fans and industry professionals. Jim began his career in consulting and publishing, but by his own admission he began helping media companies reinvent themselves online after concluding “magazines were dying.”
In 2007, he became the CEO of the early video network Revision3, which was later acquired by Discovery. Since then, he spent his time investing in and advising early stage companies before joining VidCon full time in 2017.
In the latest episode of “All Things Video,” Jim and I discuss the early days of online video and the industry’s dramatic evolution over the past decade. When ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers