2018 may have been a great year for cinemas, but the future is more uncertain than ever
CinemaCon, the annual gathering of movie theater owners, might have been a time where the movie theater industry celebrated a spectacular 2018 box office. Instead, the industry is heading to Las Vegas with questions surrounding the uncertain future of the theatrical window and the future of cinema.
Some Hollywood studios are fighting to turn around declining box office numbers, while more successful ones are preparing to launch additional streaming services that threaten to take away time and money that might be spent at the cinema.
Together, they create a climate of uncertainty that will create some uneasy talks over drinks at Caesar’s Palace. Here are some of the main topics that will definitely be touched upon at CinemaCon through ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers