“There’s no algorithm for the creative process,” Sean Mills tells TheWrap
Can new shows help Snapchat get its groove back in 2019?
It’s certainly a key piece to the Snap 2.0 puzzle, with the company last week unveiling 10 new scripted and unscripted shows — along with a slew of new features, including bringing “Stories” to Tinder and other popular apps.
Early returns from Snap’s first annual Partner Summit in West Hollywood have been promising. Snap’s stock, which was already enjoying a hot streak to start the year, has jumped 10 percent since Thursday afternoon. Still, it’s unclear whether a new daily news show from BuzzFeed will connect with Snap’s young audience.
TheWrap caught up with Sean Mills, Snap’s head of original content, to discuss its new slate, w...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers