Disney’s second quarter earnings are expected to be “mixed at best,” media analyst says
On Wednesday Disney will face the Wall Street community in its first quarterly earnings report since closing its $71.3 billion deal to lap up the films, franchises and studio operations of 21st Century Fox’s film and TV entertainment business.
But despite the oversize success of “Avengers: Endgame” — which opened in this quarter and has grossed an astonishing $2.2 billion worldwide in less than two weeks — CFRA Research media analyst Tuna Amobi expects that the media giant’s earnings for the pre-“Endgame” quarter that ended March 31 to be “mixed at best.”
Analysts tracking the company expect Disney to report per-share earnings of $1.59, according to estimates gathered by Yahoo Fina...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers