Meryl Streep, Gemma Chan and Matthew Rhys are among nine cast in Apple TV+’s climate change anthology series “Extrapolations.”
The three are joined by Sienna Miller, Kit Harrington, Tahar Rahim, Daveed Diggs, David Schwimmer and Adarsh Gourav.
“Extrapolations” tells intimate, unanticipated stories of how the upcoming changes to our planet will affect love, faith, work and family on a personal and human scale. Told over a season of eight interconnected episodes, each story in the scripted series will track the worldwide battle for our mutual survival spanning the 21st century.
“The only thing we know for sure about the future is that we are all going there together— and we’re taking with us our hopes, our fears, our appetites, our creativity, our capacity for love and our predilection to cause pain,” Burns said. “These are the same tools that storytellers have been using since the beginning of time. Our show is just using them to keep time from running out.”
“Extrapolations” is executive produced by Burns, Michael Ellenberg, Greg Jacobs, Dorothy Fortenberry and Media Res’ Lindsey Springer. Media Res is the studio.
Below are the cast descriptions:
- Meryl Streep will star in an undisclosed role.
- Sienna Miller as ‘Rebecca Shearer,’ a marine biologist.
- Kit Harington as ‘Nicholas Bilton,’ the CEO of an industrial giant.
- BAFTA Award-nominee and Cesar Award winner Tahar Rahim plays ‘Ezra Haddad,’ a man struggling with memory loss.
- Emmy Award-winner Matthew Rhys as ‘Junior,’ a real estate developer.
- Tony and Grammy Award-winner Daveed Diggs as ‘Marshall Zucker,’ a Rabbi in South Florida.
- Gemma Chan as ‘Natasha Alper,’ a single mother and micro-finance banker.
- David Schwimmer will play ”Harris Goldblatt,’ a father to a teenage daughter.
- Adarsh Gourav will play ‘Gaurav,’ a driver for hire.