MSNBC announced that contributor Harold Ford Jr. will not be allowed on the network during an investigation of misconduct accusations.
On Thursday, news emerged that Ford had been fired from his full time job with Morgan Stanley over anonymous allegations of inappropriate behavior.
“We are looking into the report about Harold Ford Jr.,” the network said in a statement. “During that time he won’t be a guest on MSNBC.”
The charges, which include grabbing and harassment of a professional colleague, were first reported in the Huffington Post and led to an internal investigation at Morgan Stanley. On Thursday, the financial services provider announced its decision to part ways with Ford.
“He has been terminated for conduct inconsistent with our values and in violation of our policies,” a spokesperson for Morgan Stanley told TheWrap.
In a statement of his own, Ford categorically denied the accusations, saying his after-work activity was entirely consistent with his professional role and that he would file suit against the woman who accused him. He said she was a journalist.
2. In a statement, Harold Ford Jr firmly denies the allegations and says he is going to sue the woman who accused him and Morgan Stanley for wrongful termination. https://t.co/OsM9QspFxm pic.twitter.com/oNa51hDMAI
— Yashar Ali ???? (@yashar) December 7, 2017
Ford has long been one of the most visible fixtures of “Morning Joe.” The popular MSNBC program has seen its cast of regulars decimated in recent weeks, with sexual misconduct accusations leading to the termination of Mark Halperin and the benching of New York Times reporter Glenn Thrush while the Times conducts an internal review.