"Lone Star" has some company on the scrap heap of canceled new shows. ABC gave the axe to the flashback drama "My Generation" on Friday, after it posted a major ratings decline from already unimpressive premiere numbers.
The network confirmed to TheWrap that the Thursday-night show has been pulled from the schedule and that production has been stopped, with four shows left in the can. An individual at the network said they will probably be released online or in a burn-off timeslot.
No replacement has been selected.
"My Generation" struggled from the get-go. It scored a disappointing 1.6 rating/5 share in the key adults 18-49 demographic with its Sept. 23 debut. Its inaugural performance was down 61 percent from last year's premiere of "Flash Forward" in the same 8 p.m. timeslot.
As bad as the numbers were for week one, the show managed to do even worse in its second outing this week, falling 31 percent to a 1.1/3.
Through flashbacks, the show told the story of the intertwining relationships of a group of Texans during present times and in their high school years 10 years ago. It starred an ensemble cast that included Kelli Garner and "True Blood's" Mehcad Brooks.
It was up against CBS' fearsome tag-team of "$*#! My Dad Says" and "Big Bang Theory."