“NCIS” star Pauley Perrette appeared in court on Wednesday to recall an alleged attack at the hands of a homeless man last month, saying that she “was praying my heart out” during the altercation.
The actress also identified her alleged attacker as transient David Merck, who was ordered to stand trial for the alleged attack during Wednesday’s hearing, the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
Merck was also ordered not to contact Perrette.
During the hearing, Perrette recalled the Nov. 12 event, testifying that Merck grabbed her by the arm and stated more than once that he was going to kill her.
“He was so much stronger than me,” Perrette told the court. “I couldn’t run. I couldn’t fight.”
The actress added, “I was praying my heart out.”
In November, Merck was charged with one felony count each of making a criminal threat and false imprisonment by violence. He faces up to four years in state prison if convicted.
Perrette recounted the alleged attack on Twitter shortly after it occurred, writing, “He grabbed me so forcefully, pinned my arm, punched me in the nose, forehead repeatedly telling me he was going to kill me. Then he showed me how he was going to kill me.”
The actress said that her alleged assailant identified himself as William during the encounter.
Perrette used the occasion to stump for better mental health care, writing in her post, “We need full mental health care. We need housing and help for the homeless. We need to support our cops. We need to not walk alone. I need to heal.”